Assigning a tag or a score is a powerful means of mapping the involvement of a contact. You assign a tag to the contact based on behaviour. For example: a contact downloads a white paper via a form. Set that this contact will receive a Lead tag in his contact card after this action.
Tags can be set yourself and can be applied in all kinds of ways. The purpose of tagging is to capture a phase or interest that a contact is in. By grouping contacts with the same tags, you create relevant segments. You make subsequent marketing campaigns for these segments.
By also using scoring, you make a tag more relevant and up-to-date. With scoring you give a value in numbers to a tag. Because perhaps the contact does take extra actions, such as downloading several white papers. Then set that the contact receives a +10 score within the Lead tag after downloading each white paper. Or, you may want to give more important downloads +20.
In this article we give you a practical explanation about the different places within Spotler where you can apply and find tagging and scoring.
- Tagging and scoring in your message or webpage (Module Messages and Webpages)
- Segment based on tagging and scoring (Module Lists)
- View tags and scores contact (Module Lists)
- Assign tagging and scoring in forms and surveys (Module Forms and Surveys)
- Assign tagging and scoring via a connector
- Manage tags (Settings)
- Tagging and scoring in automatic campaigns (Module Automations)
Step 7 is only applicable for the products Spotler Automation and Spotler eCommerce.