Does your organization have different accounts and do you have separate login details for each account? It is possible to link multiple accounts to one user. This way you only have to use one user login from now on. This has the following advantages:
- Extra convenience: only one login to remember & quickly switch between different Spotler accounts
- Extra security: it is possible to use Single Sign-On
You will find the following topics in this article:
- Linking accounts to a user
- Log in linked accounts
- Next steps working safe in Spotler
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. Linking accounts to a user
To link accounts to a user, take the following steps:
- Login with the user you want to use as the basis for the other accounts to log in.
- Then go to My profile via the profile menu.
- Click the Security tab at the top right.
- Go to the Linked accounts heading. You will see the Link account button there.
- Click on the Link account button and a pop-up will appear.
- When you click Yes, a new login screen will appear. Here you log in with the details of the account you want to link to your user.
- A message will be sent to the email address of the user you merged.
- The account is linked to the user data with which you logged in in step 1. From now on, you log in with that data.
2. Log in linked accounts
From now on you can log in with the user data from the account that you have linked to multiple accounts. The other user logins do not work any longer.
In the first instance, you always log in to the account to which your original user data is linked. From this account you can switch to the accounts you linked in the previous step-by-step plan. You do this as follows:
- Go to Profile Menu
- You will now see an additional option Switch account. Click here.
- You will now be presented with an overview of all accounts that are linked to your user data.
- If you move your mouse over the accounts, you will see a Login button appear. Click here to log in to another account.
3. Next steps of working safe in Spotler
Now that you have one user login, there are more steps you can take around security and logging into Spotler:
- Make use of Single Sign-On. You can read how to set this up and what it is in this article.
- Apply Two-Step Verification. Check out the steps you need to take to set up Two-Step Verification here.
4. Frequently Asked Questions
There are several reasons why you cannot link an account:
- You want to link a Franchise or Corporate account. It is not yet possible to link your user login from a corporate or franchise account to a user. This is possible in the future.
- This message is shown when Single Sign-On is required in an account and the user you want to link the account to has not set up Single Sign-On.
First set up Single Sign-On for your user. Want to know how to do this? Read the article: Single Sign-On.
- If you have set mandatory Two-factor authentication for one user and not for the other you want to merge, the following message will appear:
Want to know how to set up Two-factor authentication again? Then read the article Two-factor authentication.
The first login you use to merge users is leading. The other logins expire.
The role per user is linked to the account you have. If you are an owner in one account and a marketer in the other account, this will remain the same. When you log in with your details, you choose from the overview in which account you want to log in.