(only visible if you have Spotler Automation or Spotler eCommerce)
From setting up automatic confirmations and follow-up emails to using lead scoring and tagging. Make it easier on yourself with the Automations module.
Good to know
The Automations module will eventually replace the Campaigns module. For now, they still exist side by side. You can create your automatic campaigns in both modules, but we really recommend using the Automations module. That module is new, better, more beautiful and has more options. We will of course keep you fully informed about the phasing out of the Campaigns module. And don't worry: we plan the phasing out very carefully.
Advantages of automatic campaigns
With the use of automatic campaigns, there is a greater chance that you will achieve your email marketing goals. You don't send bulk mail, but 1-on-1 relevant content at the right time.
An automated campaign in Spotler has two properties:
- They respond to a change in the target group
This change is also known as an event or trigger.
- It's about 1 on 1 communication
One contact receives an automated mail and not a large group as with a (manual) newsletter. When a contact receives the message depends on when the trigger goes off for the campaign or when a contact meets a specific condition that you have set yourself in a campaign.
You would like to get started with the Automations module. Click on the Automations module in the left menu. You will then see the overview screen of the module.
The overview screen is divided into different parts:
- A column of Folders on the left side of your screen. When you open the Automations module for the first time, no folders have been created yet. You will see the indication All automations in blue. Once you have set up multiple automations, it is wise to group them in folders. Read more about folders in the article: Structure Spotler.
- A menu bar at the top of your screen with the tabs Overview, Publisher and Archive plus the yellow button with New automation and a button with Help.
- An area containing a link to this article and in which you will eventually see an overview of all automations that you have created.
Create and edit folders
When you open the Automations module for the first time, no folders have been created yet. You will see the indication All automations in blue. Once you have set up multiple automations, it is wise to group them in folders.
The menu bar of the Automations module module
A short explanation of the tabs and buttons in the menu bar at the top of your screen:
- The Blue-lit Overview tab. If a tab has a blue color, then the information in that specific tab is visible. When you open the Automations module, the Overview tab will be shown first by default. And as the name suggests: in this tab you see an overview of all your configured automations.
- The Publisher tab. You can schedule an automation with the Publisher tab. Here you will also find all your automations that are live.
- The Archive tab. Getting started with your archived automations? Click on Archive.
- The yellow button New automation. Setting up a new automation? Click on this button.
- The Help button. Find relevant Help Center articles around the Automations module. If you want to know more about the help function in Spotler, read more about it in Getting started with Spotler.
|The Publisher tab
The Publisher tab is only found in the Automations module. If you have set up an automation, you still have to publish it or put it live. You have put live an automation that you see in the Publisher tab. In the Overview tab you can see all your automations, including the automations that you have not yet published.
The overview screen with all your automations
If you want to know how you can get started right away from the overview screen, read the instructions in Overview Automations. Are you looking for an explanation of the automations editor? Then go to Editor Automations.