First of all, it is useful to determine which elements you want to display in a header. Think of a:
- Read online link
- Unsubscribe link
Get started in Spotler
The order, alignment and style of course depend on your brand identity. This example uses a background color. That is why, for example, space is needed around the images. This header is structured as follows:
- In the section, place two rows. The first row consists of two columns and the second row of one column.
- Then you place elements in the rows. In the first row, place an element image in the first column and a navigation element in the other column. In the second row, place an image.
- In this example, the header has a white background. If necessary, apply a background color to the row. You do this by selecting the row. Then on the left you have the option to fill in a background color.
- You will format the elements of your header, matching your brand identity:
Element Content Image 1 Place your logo in the image element. If necessary, adjust it in terms of size and alignment by padding (space around the logo) to place the logo. Navigation Customize the texts for online reading and unsubscribing. Adjust the alignment and style of the text. In the next step, we apply the urls. Image 2 Add a dummy header image. If necessary, add padding (space around the image). This image will be adjusted per message. But it is useful to add these if you also work with padding around the image. Then you don't have to apply this again and again.
- Place urls left behind the elements.
Post a link to your website. Select the logo. On the left you will see URL. Click the hyphen to place a url.
Choose Link type: External link with tracking, so you can see in your reporting when someone clicks on your logo. Enter a link name for your report and the URL.
Post a link to the online version of your post. Select the text and click the hyphen at the top.
Choose Link type: Special link. For Special link, select: Link to the web version.
Post a link to the unsubscribe page. Select the text and click the hyphen at the top.
Choose Link type: Special link. For Special link, select: Link to the unsubscribe page. In step 1 of composing a message, you have already selected an unsubscribe package. Based on this, Spotler knows which unsubscribe page to link to.
Post a link to your website. Select the image. On the left you will see URL. Click the hyphen to place a url.
Choose Link type: External link with tracking, so you can see in your report when someone clicks on your header image. Enter a link name for your report and the URL.
- Save the header so you can easily reuse it. Click the section and then the star to save as block.
From now on you will find your header on the left under Content.